Fwd: More Follow-up

Subject: Fwd: More Follow-up
From: Anonymous Poster <techwhirlanonpost -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:04:27 -0700 (PDT)

By request, this message was forwarded anonymously. If
you want the original poster to see your response, you
must reply to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to
this message are automatically discarded. Contact Lisa
lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com with questions.

I submit the document for approval, and my changes are
disregarded. I am not begging for permission to write
or asking someone to hold my hand. The problem is my
changes are disregarded. I have no control over what
is shipped with the final product or what is posted to
the website. So, if my changes are far superior to the
original, it doesn?t matter; they don?t incorporate my
changes into the final product. My dilemma isn?t
should I make these changes or how to make these
change; the dilemma is the changes are totally ignored
and disregarded. When I address this issue with the
person who approves the document, there response is,
?We?re not looking for perfection.? I think the poster
had it correct when he said the person who I have to
submit my documentation to is probably the original
writer of these documents and was instructed to hire a
writer even if this is something he didn?t want to do.

Also, I?m not sure if I stated this, but I am a part
of a team of writers. I?m not just a lone writer. When
I?ve discussed this issue with a co-worker, she says
she has similar problems with her project manager (all
the writers report to different people). But, because
we are well compensated, it doesn?t bother her that
her ideas are disregarded.

Yahoo! Mail

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com