Re: Military Workplace (was: Acceptance of Mediocre Documentation)

Subject: Re: Military Workplace (was: Acceptance of Mediocre Documentation)
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:18:18 -0400

Lori,

Thank you! It really wasn't that hard, and I was amazed at how amazed
everyone else was. :)

There's some division between the upper management as to what I'm
supposed to be doing, reflecting the fact that the hospital's Web
division hasn't been able to afford a tech writer before, so they just
went nuts and put in a contract for one without accurately or
adequately defining the scope of my work. On the one hand, it means I
get to define my responsibilities from the ground up. On the other
hand, it means a lot of work as I bounce from business analyses to
user manuals to editing to clinical reports.... :)

Martin

--
Martin H. Bosworth
Technical Writer, Telemedicine Directorate

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com