Corporate Value & Career Goals

Subject: Corporate Value & Career Goals
From: Michele <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 22:37:02 -0500

This whole ARC thing has been bugging me for awhile. Now, I realize you didn't say it John, but you're quoting someone. Regardless of how you look at the Bible or Torah; as fiction or as a map of what your life should be about, according to Judaic-Christian books Noah was helped. If there was more than one "thing" building the Arc, as the Judeo-Christian books describe, then we're talking about apples to apples, not apples to oranges. We may be talking about super-size apples to mere Braeburns. But there was more than one man involved in creating the Arc, and I don't have to quote Genesis for anyone to know what I mean. (Yes, years of religious education with the old testament has made me pretty savvy in that department.)

My subnote is that today I filled out an online application with a recruiter. After the obligatory "What are your best work skills?" and "What are your worst work skills?" came "What are your career goals."

I wrote that I had already fulfilled my career goals. I do what I love, I'm a writer, designer and editor. I've published books you can buy in Barnes & Noble in fiction and nonfiction. I make good money. I have "achieved" all my career goals. I know, I know, I *did* put the quotes around achieved. Is it so wrong to be happy with where one is career-wise and admit it? Am I doomed? As a sidenote to this subnote (my gosh it's late!) they had a typo on their website. If you want to know more, email me privately, I don't want to state the faux pas in a public forum.

Michele

---------------
Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
612-824-3516
612-309-6903 (cell)
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber geek empyre

John Posada wrote:

Scheduling a conference, where you are going to learn something..as
long as it revolves around tee time/court time does not cover
learning.... that's not business...that's waiting for something to do
between.

John Posada

“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.” - Dave Barry

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create 14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com