RE: managing, updating, incorporating 3rd-party docs

Subject: RE: managing, updating, incorporating 3rd-party docs
From: Chris Gooch <chris -dot- gooch -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:13:52 +0100

Sean Hower wrote:

+++
We integrate a number of third-party applications/technologies into our
product and part of the integration process is re-labeling the documentation
(switching product names, updating screen shots, etc). For example, our
application integrates technology Nifty from Groovy Techi Corp. We receive
the Nifty source documentation and go through and make content and
formatting changes to make it consistent with our own documentation.

I was wondering if anyone who has experience doing these sorts of relabeling
tasks can tell me how they go about it.
+++

I have the opposite problem, in that I know some of our customers
wish to take elements of our documentation and re-purpose them
for use in their products which use our API.

I wondered what thoughts / suggestions people might have for what
we can do to make this easier / better for our customers?

Christopher Gooch, Technical Author
LightWork Design, Sheffield, UK.
www.lightworkdesign.com

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com