RE: Training Documentation

Subject: RE: Training Documentation
From: "Lisa Hickling" <Lisa -dot- Hickling -at- realsuitesoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:19:29 -0400

-----Original Message-----
Karen West wrote:

...training documentation...is written by the training consultants in
Word ... I produce all my documentation ... using Frame. I have been
asked to look at some of the training documentation...

However, I am not convinced that it should come under my jurisdiction.
It seems to me that it will be double the work when it needs to be
updated in future as the consultants will update it in Word and then I
will have to do it in Frame.
--------------------------

Karen,

What exactly does your boss require from your "looking at" the
documentation? If that means you have to edit it at all, then you should
consider leaving it in Word. Why would you need to "do it in Frame",
anyway?

Even if you have no say in your boss' decision to assign these documents
to you, by keeping the current format, you ensure that the
responsibility to edit can at least be shared between you and the
training department.

Lisa H.
======
"The finest language is mostly made up of simple unimposing words."
George Eliot

(This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et protege. L'expediteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) designe(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immediatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. )

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com