Help system with a Custom IDE

Subject: Help system with a Custom IDE
From: DaLy <swiggles247 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We are currently designing our own IDE (on top of the
GCC compiler). The programmers are including a
"Library" pane which lists all of our functions
(2000+).

They want the user to be able to right click
on the function's name in the "Library" pane (each
library is a folder with the appropriate functions
listed underneath) and have our chm with the topic
page (RoboHelp X5 HTML help) for that function
displayed (showing the synopsis, description,
parameters, return values, etc for that function).

They also want the user to be able to right click the
function (after they typed it) in the "Code Editor"
pane, and have the topic page for that function
displayed (again from the chm) showing the synopsis,
description, parameters, return values, etc for that
function. (Same page as above.)

How do I link 2000+ individual topic pages in my chm
with these IDE features? There is nothing special (no
whistles and bells) with the chm.

Much thanks for your time,

DaLy

PS: If there is another (easier) way to accomplish
this, let me know. We do not have to use the topic
pages from the chm.

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com