RE: One big word document or break apart

Subject: RE: One big word document or break apart
From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 06:41:42 -0700

There are pros and cons to embedding graphics: the document quickly
increases in size (though I admit in the past docs tended to do so with
referenced files too); you can't update without re-importing.
When using referenced files, it's true that you need to have your
referenced files included along with the doc if you move it. Yet you
need to have copies of the graphics even if you are embedding, and I
always found it most efficient to keep them in a subfolder of the
document folder. That way I didn't run into too many naming problems
(e.g., screen captures were named in a generic fashion). If there's a
better way to store and track graphic files, I'd be very interested in
learning it :-)

Kathleen