Re: User rant

Subject: Re: User rant
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:10:37 -0500

Dave,

Nokia, too, has its design mistakes. My present Nokia phone has a
round keypad--awkward at best--and the number of keystrokes to get to
the most-used menu options is entirely too high. Retrieving a message
through accessing the logs, for instance, means going past many
rarely-used menu choices.

The only reason I don't make a bigger deal of it is that this was free
from our local Freecycle list after I lost the previous one. Replacing
this one has not yet made it sufficiently high in my list of
priorities as yet.

Most cell phones today seem to have succumbed to the "featureitis"
virus...they have loads of features that relatively few people use.
Personally, my top priorities are in clear reception even in difficult
areas and top sound quality in transmit and in receive modes. After
that, for me it's ease of use, with other features descending rapidly
in my priority scale. Downloadable ring tones, for instance, is
extremely low on my desired features list.

David

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com