Re: Results of STC India 2005 Salary Survey

Subject: Re: Results of STC India 2005 Salary Survey
From: "Neeraj Bhatia" <bhatianeeraj -at- softhome -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:28:16 -0700

"Katherine Hinchey" <khinchey -at- houston -dot- rr -dot- com> wrote in message
news:280607 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> What steps are Indian tech writers/the government/the universities/the
> professional organizations taking to ensure that there is a continual
> job market for them?

I don't see how any organization can ensure a continual job market for any
profession anywhere. A lot of these jobs are a result of the opening up of
the Indian economy. So, global changes are bound to affect the Indian IT
industry. If companies can find good resources at lower costs elsewhere,
they will set up shops at other destinations.

Re. the earlier discussions on the high growth rates in salaries, one factor
to consider is the supply-demand gap, which I believe is significant. There
is a good demand for skilled professionals, including writers, while the
availability is limited.

Neeraj

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com