Re: ASP code documentation

Subject: Re: ASP code documentation
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:24:09 -0700 (PDT)

> I have a need to document the internals for an application's ASP
> code pages.
> Anyone know of any program that they can recommend that will
> analyze a directory of ASPs and produce an output that I can
> include in my document set as a reference?

Hi, Don...

Disclaimer...this is a endorsement of a product that I bought and
use. I have, in no way, any financial stake in the product...I simply
really like the product and am very happy with the developer's
support.

There's a program I've been using for documenting ASP web pages for
my developers. The product is ASPHelp, by a company called Pikauba
Software (http://http://www.pikauba.com/).

What is does is analyse your collection of ASP pages (I have about
10,000 of them) and compile that analysis into a fully
cross-referenced CHM with CSS support. However, in my case, I'm using
FAR to compile the source output into uncompiled help as I don't want
to use the CHM (network issues and all that..)

If you are curious about it, they have a demo version and if you want
to talk to the developer, ask for Tim (timm -at- pikauba -dot- com) and mention
my name. Anyone can also contact me with questions.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com