Re: RE: Getting a Visio drawing into a Word document [SOLVED]

Subject: Re: RE: Getting a Visio drawing into a Word document [SOLVED]
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:32:22 -0400

Well, .gif would be an even worse choice than a screen shot
because you'd also be flattening the color depth of the JPEG
images (the product photos) to 256 colors.

But the bottom line is that any approach that uses a raster image
format is not a great solution because the image becomes less
editable and less scalable. Proprietary formats (such as .vsd in this
case) retain those properties, but at the expense of portability
(the problem in the OP's case). And that's why meta-file formats
(WMF, EMF, EPS) exist. They preserve the scalability (and usually
editability) of vector objects and they are generally portable.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:28:51 -0400

And this would differ from converting to a .gif or .png
how???
-Sue Gallagher

> Fred said:

> Except for the fact that using a screen shot is a poor solution...
>
> Text is no longer editable...
>
> The Visio shapes are no longer editable...
>
> And the resolution of the whole image has been frozen at the
> resolution of the capture...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com