Re: DITA Editor

Subject: Re: DITA Editor
From: Tim Sadler <chillyhat -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:08:31 +0100

Hi Lisa

Glad you solved your problem. I did respond to your earlier post but
the list manager reports it was rejected for too may quotes, so
apologies if this has been posted twice.

None of the wysiwyg editors are entirely intuitive and for users
steeped in standard Window GUI behaviour it can be a bit frustrating.
Tabs, Returns and mouse clicks don't work as expected. However,
keyboard shortcuts are your friend here, particularly the arrow keys.

Looking at your example, I believe your cursor is not outside the
Context element, as you illustrate it. You need to "right-arrow" to
position the cursor outside the Context element at which point a
"crtl-return" will pop-up the "Insert Element" dialog. This should
now offer the appropriate selection of elements (Steps, Example etc).

A tag with a green background seems to indicate the position of the
cursor inside the element. A yellow background indicates the cursor
position outside.

You can also switch to Tag Mode which shows exactly where the cursor
is in relation to the elements.

After also looking at various Word-based solutions I am going to
persist with Serna as well, despite the holes in the documentation and
the quirky interface.

Tim

On 13/07/05, Lisa Hickling <Lisa -dot- Hickling -at- realsuitesoftware -dot- com> wrote:

> Problem solved in Serna!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com