Good Systems Documentation?

Subject: Good Systems Documentation?
From: <bridget -dot- fitzgerald -at- thomson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:22:03 -0500

Hello,
I've been tasked to create a systems document or developers' guide. I'm
actually documenting a pathway that encompasses a variety of systems and
processes. My question to you is what goes into a "good" systems guide?
Are there standard pieces that should be included? This is my first one
of this magnitude (I've only done individual systems thus far) and could
use some guidance. So far, I have the following outline:

I. Summary Description
A. Business Overview
B. Operations Overview
C. Architecture Overview
D. Pathway Monitoring & Capacity
II. Use Cases
III. System Descriptions
IV. Database Descriptions
V. Infrastructure Overview

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Bridget Fitzgerald
Thomson West
mailto:bridget -dot- fitzgerald -at- thomson -dot- com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com