RE: Knowledge Management

Subject: RE: Knowledge Management
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:59:57 -0700 (PDT)

> The STC article includes the sentence: "He implements knowledge
> base technology and holds activities that foster good
> communication and leverages knowledge both within and outside
> the organization."
>
> I am a native English speaker, and a technical communicator since
> 1997, but I have no idea what that sentence means. Could someone
> rephrase it?
>
> Well, feel free to ask my editor what it means! Suffice it to say
> we have some ardent editors here! Thank you for your feedback. I
> didn't think that implementing a knowledge base was too difficult
> to understand :-) Fostering good communication isn't difficult to
> comprehend if you're a TC :-)

Suppose you aren't sure of what is meant by "knowledge base"? If I do
a Google search for "knowlede base", in quotes to make sure I only
get exact matches, I get 24 million 800 hits. I really doubt that
every instance of use is refering to the same understanding.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?I can win an argument on any topic,
against any opponent. People know this,
and steer clear of me at parties.
Often, as a sign of their great respect,
they don't even invite me."
Dave Barry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com