RE: best way to put a long Word doc on the Web?

Subject: RE: best way to put a long Word doc on the Web?
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:51:42 -0400

David wrote...

Four good reasons to use .PDF over .DOC files:

1. Smaller file size.
2. No need for concern that reader has the same fonts, printers, or
"normal.dot" settings you do (i.e. your document displays and prints the
way you want it to, not the way the reader's MS Word installation
decides it should print).
3. Reader can't make unauthorized edits to your document.
4. Some companies may still block .DOC downloads from the web due to the
proliferation of "Word" viruses a few years back.

Of course there are ways to get around all the above problems, but they
either require a lot more work on your part when uploading the file, or
a lot more work on the part of the reader when downloading it.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com