Re: Enhancement requests

Subject: Re: Enhancement requests
From: rebecca_hopkins -at- comcast -dot- net (Rebecca Hopkins)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:52:38 +0000

As to the bug tracking system, yes we have one. Small upgrades are often snuck into it, and if the QA folks feel it's easy and they have time, it'll be put in. But basically, if it works, they ain't gonna fix it. Of course, their definition of "works"...

This is a system for getting rather large projects looked at and scheduled into "the six month plan". Most of the stuff in the six month plan currently comes from marketing and potential clients, whereas these ideas would come from internal users and support staff. Boring stuff that makes the software easier to use, teach and write about, but won't impress the sales guys.

Again, we're hoping for synergy - some big potential client says "fix X on screen 3 and we'll buy it", and I have a request in to fix Y on screen 3, so while they're overhauling it...
-----
Rebecca

> Don't they already have a bug tracking system? Unless there is a
> compelling reason that it is inadequate, I think that should be your
> tool & starting point so that you integrate your info into the
> existing system. Then just mark your internals as a new, different
> category to differentiate them.
>
> Otherwise, Bugzilla or CVSTrack.
>
> Art

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com