RE: Can anyone compile old WinHelp projects in RoboHelp X5?

Subject: RE: Can anyone compile old WinHelp projects in RoboHelp X5?
From: "Mike Hamilton" <mhamilton -at- madcapsoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:20:30 -0700

Hi Claudia,

First, if you install a new version of MS Word then you need to
un-install/re-install RoboHelp. It is during the install process that
RoboHelp scans the machine and sets up which version of MS Word it
expects to find.

Next, go to the Macromedia page at this url http://tinyurl.com/cdmb8 and
download the new certificates that connect RoboHelp and MS Word and
follow the instructions on the Macromedia site to get them in the proper
places. The reason you need to do this is that security certificates are
only good for one year and the certificates that shipped with RoboHelp
X5 expired in March of 2005, the certificates at the URL above will be
good until March of 2006.

Hopefully these two items will get you up and running again.

Mike Hamilton
MadCap Software