Re: MadCap Flare

Subject: Re: MadCap Flare
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:37:17 -0700 (PDT)

Just got this info from Mike Hamilton.

Hi Folks,

Status report on the Flare beta.

We were completely overwhelmed by the number of requests to participate in the Flare beta (over 3,000 requests). Last week we sent out the first batch of official invitations to participate, we are tabulating the number of NDAs that have been faxed back and then we will send out a second batch of invitations. If you have not received an invitation yet, don't panic. With so much interest we didn't want to turn anybody away so folks who signed up, but didn't get an official invitation will still be able to get the beta software, it will simply be a few weeks after the official beta folks are set up. Also, only the official beta testers will be invited to the focus group discussions, etc. Everyone else will be provided with a dedicated email address to report their beta findings. We just couldn't handle 3,000 beta testers so I hope that this plan is at least fair so that everyone gets a chance to participate at some level. For those who haven't received an official beta invite, but signed up on our web site you will be hearing from us with your participation instructions between mid-August and mid-September. This will give us a few weeks with the core beta group to make sure that all is running well.

I hope that this information helps,

Mike Hamilton
MadCap Software

And there you have it.