Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss

Subject: Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:37:49 -0400

It's not about quantification. It's about spending time with and doing
things with your family, whilst you can.

Of course, from his summer residence in the islands, I'm sure your CEO
appreciates you blowing away that time and using the added income
earned (after you make back your 4k investment) to buy toys for your
kids, that they can play with, while you're at work ....

Weird, I never considered there'd be any other perspective on this.

On 7/29/05, John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> > > and emotionally important, regardless of the financial return. If
> > > a certification could mean an extra 20% - 25% increase in annual
> > > pay (of course we don't know what it would mean) that would
> > > probably be important enough for many people on this list to
> > > invest the money--the ROI makes it a no-brainer.
>
> To that, "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> > You are missing the point big-time, in my not so humble opinion.
>
> Not really...its not missing the point. Its that not everyone places
> the quantification of quality of family life on being able to spend
> two weeks vacation with them. Some (like I) place it on the level of
> the quality of life I can give all the other 50 weeks, and if that
> means sacraficing a week to increase my income X amount, which goes
> back to the family anyway, I'm fine with that.
>
> From everyone's perspective, one side is wrong. I've accpted that
> over the last three days. I may not agree with the opposing viewpoint
> (or understand it), but appartently, they do not agree with mine, and
> that's fine too.
>
> John Posada
> Senior Technical Writer

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com