Re: Job Hopping (was Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss)

Subject: Re: Job Hopping (was Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss)
From: HBacheler -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 01:59:02 EDT

Re: Job hopping,

Why so many jobs?

You would not believe the number of times that I got asked that question, or
others like it.

I have just responded by saying that I have been contracting/consulting for
"n" years, and have been compensated by contract, 1099, W2 with benefits, and
W2 without benefits. I have been called in to do certain tasks and when
they were done I moved on.

Knowing the climate in the Washington DC area, they have understood.
Contracts come and go, and always new work to be done, and no one onboard to do it.
(At that time)

As an aside, how many companies can say that they have only one client that
they work for. They have 'many jobs', but is it called 'job hopping'. No.
it is going after business, where the water comes out of the ground. And
letting the non-profitable business pass away.

My input.

Harry

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com