RE: Technical writing in South Florida?

Subject: RE: Technical writing in South Florida?
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 08:00:07 -0400

Mike mentioned...

> There are at least five separate areas to Florida: the Panhandle,
Central
> Florida, Miami-Dade, the Keys, and West Florida. One of the things I
> appreciate about Florida is that within minutes you can
> find yourself in rural swampland, a lonely stretch of beach, or
rolling
> hills and trees (west Florida and north past Gainesville). The state's
> nowhere close to reaching capacity, I'd say. I've travelled the state
> from Lantana to Ft. Walton Beach, from Miami to Pensacola, and it's
kept
> the subdivision builders at bay for the most part.
>
> Which is all to say, you can probably find a place to live that suits
> your lifestyle. I wouldn't say that's a deterrent if you're looking
for
> work down here.
>
> ~Mike

Yes but you forgot to mention the important bit, Mike: no matter which
of those places you go to you have to contend with Florida's two
seasons: hot and humid and _more_ hot and humid. California would be
perfect--if it didn't have earthquakes, mudslides, and wildfires--there
you can go from tanning on the beach to skiing in the mountains in less
than 90 minutes (not counting traffic) or anything in between.

All the same, I'll live with a can of Raid permanently affixed to a hip
holster and one of those goofy fan-on-a-hat thingies to avoid living
where the earth shakes, the mountains slide, and the forests
spontaneously ignite for no apparent reason.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com