Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss.

Subject: Re: Certification--a new concept. Discuss.
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:25:46 -0700

I was doing a lot of these things for various projects long before I
became a manager. The ability to do "manager-like" things is
critical to keep a multi-discipline project moving (the difference
between the writer with these skills and the manager is the ability
to apply them to the projects of others). It's so important in most of the organizations I've worked in that no writer who lacks the ability or willingness to do them is ever likely to make it to the rank of "senior writer" in any tech pubs organization that reports to me.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

Ackk! You're trying to turn salt-of-the-earth tech writers into middle
managers!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com