Re: Is RoboHelp still a viable way to go for help?

Subject: Re: Is RoboHelp still a viable way to go for help?
From: jcornellier -at- abingdon -dot- oilfield -dot- slb -dot- com (John Cornellier)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:52:54 +0100

Well I'll be dipped.

Interesting reading. Thanks. I've been steeped in Solaris / Linux / Java lately, and haven't been following the CHM world.

Some people say FrameMaker has been EOL since about 5.5.6 and it's still useful. People have been predicting Apple's demise since, well, forever.

Will RH only really stop being competitive (in terms of functionality) if it fails to support MS Vista when it emerges, blinking, into the sun?

Isn't it odd that Macromedia would throw away, as is being suggested, the brand? I don't know how many times I've seen RH described as the "de facto" HATT, and even "non-technical" technical writers saying that they're "doing their documentation in RoboHelp" without really understanding what a CHM is or what it's made of (which is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing, depending on your point of view).

John Cornellier

Char James-Tanny wrote:
<snip>

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com