RE: XML/DocBook for newbies

Subject: RE: XML/DocBook for newbies
From: "Lisa Hickling" <Lisa -dot- Hickling -at- realsuitesoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:04:44 -0400

Opinions and counter-opinions do not consitute war, Bill. Most
proponents of XML formatted docs are happy just to apply a standard, any
standard. Each schema has its advantages, disadvantages and well honed
workarounds. So, I'm not opposed to DocBook. I simply reiterate with
support from your posting that...

>I find however that [DocBook] may require more massaging than DITA does
for single sourcing. Docbook has been good to those who use it and is
certainly better supported than DITA.

Lisa H.
GTA, ON

"The finest language is mostly made up of simple unimposing words."
George Eliot