RE: Why Aren't Open Source Tools Being Considered?

Subject: RE: Why Aren't Open Source Tools Being Considered?
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:12:21 -0700

Dear Bruce,

I ask myself the same question. In *my* company, we try to use free
tools whenever/wherever possible. Startups like mine really benefit from
the free software movement.

Note that open source and free are not exactly synonymous. Open source
is always free, but not all free software is open source. Some free
software may have no license, some may have GPL or GPL-like license. And
so forth.

Fortunately, a lot of really great tools *are* free and open source.
DocBook, Linux, Apache HTTP, Tomcat, Python, OpenOffice...

Joe

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625-1623
jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com
www.tuvox.com
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.