Re: Still hating Word and numbered headings?

Subject: Re: Still hating Word and numbered headings?
From: "Brian Gordon" <elasticsoul2003 -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:01:45 -0700

Brian Gordon wondered: <<I created a new template. I then created a new heading style. I made it a List style, called it Heading 1 num, clicked OK, and this caused all other heading styles to disappear.>>

Might be a problem that results from the fact that Heading 1 is a reserved style built into Word. I'm surprised Word let you replace it. I've never tried replacing it with a different Heading 1, but that doesn't seem safe and if you did it, it probably represents a bug. Better bet is to simply redefine the properties of the existing Heading 1.

**** But I did NOT replace Heading 1. I created a numbered New Style based on Heading 1, and that caused all the other headings to vanish. As in, not available in All Styles. I still have Heading 1, plus my numbered Headings, but no Heading 2, 3, etc.

All the best,
Brian

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com