Re: Newsletters -- what's the best tool for creating them?

Subject: Re: Newsletters -- what's the best tool for creating them?
From: Kelley Greenman <writinglists -at- inkworkswell -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:06:59 -0400

At 12:57 PM 8/22/2005, Beth Brooks wrote:

Hi, All!

This week I'm being asked to create a newsletter template that will be easy to use

and maintain in an environment that runs strongly to the non-technical (e.g.,

nobody knows how to use MS Word styles). I've been told I can recommend a tool for

purchase so long as it is not TOO expensive, can accept content from MS Office

products, and doesn't have a hefty learning curve. The newsletters will have 8.5 x

11 pages and may be distributed on paper or in PDF format.

Hi Beth,

The right solution really depends on your target audience. All of the newsletter production software requires some level of skill to use -- at least as much as understanding how styles work and why they increase productivity.

If you can give a sense of who the newsletter is for and their level of technical knowledge it can help narrow the field of possible solutions to one or two choices.

Best,

Kelley

Ink Works Publication Services, Inc.
Content development and design services -
for individuals and organizations
http://www.inkworkswell.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com