Re: Recommended apps to learn as a new tech writer...

Subject: Re: Recommended apps to learn as a new tech writer...
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:32:12 -0400

That's good advice, and I'd like to draw attention to the qualifier in
your advice, which in my opinion is a KEY thing: "sparking my
interest".

Don't learn stuff just becuase people are asking for it. Learn stuff
becuase it interests you. The fact that people are asking for it is a
bonus.

Remember, what they ask for today they won't care about tomorrow. So
don't chase the brass ring, because you'll only wear yourself out.
Focus on something you're interested in and let the ring come around.
If both happen simultaneously, kudos to you!

--
Bill Swallow
42.8162,-73.7736

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com