RE: Recommendations for CD-burning software

Subject: RE: Recommendations for CD-burning software
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:25:27 -0400

Dan Goldstein wrote...

> I used to use BurnQuick, which was terrific for a number of reasons:
> * The entire installed application is a single file under 1 MB.
> * The purchase price is $15.
> * It's a one-click solution (most require multiple steps).
> * I never had a bad burn.
> * BurnQuick Support always answered e-mails.
>
> Alas, BurnQuick doesn't always live happily with Windows XP, and I'm
> looking for a replacement. Any recommendations?

My computer at home (bought April this year--Windows XP Home Edition OS)
came with Nero software. It has burned music and data CDs with no
problems. I haven't tried burning any DVDs with it, but if memory serves
(it's at home and I'm not right now) it is supposed to burn these as
well.

I've also burned music CDs with Windows Media Player and it works very
well. I don't think it is capable of burning data CDs, however.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com