RE: Tech Comms for disaster relief

Subject: RE: Tech Comms for disaster relief
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:23:05 -0400

This was my initial post, and I stand by what I wrote. There is no mention
of a law in my comments. I do regret any misunderstanding -- I responded to
John's post and it appeared that I was saying there WAS a law. I was not
saying that. I have no idea if there is or isn't, but I do not think
government could possible legislate such a thing. The thought that there was
a LAW probably seemed far-fetched, which might explain why I glossed right
over it in my response to John.

"If you ran a company located in New Orleans, chances are you had a disaster
recovery plan in place. Those companies who are now implementing their plans
may be in the surrounding areas and in need of extra help to get up and
running in a new location. This pertains more to paying work than disaster
relief, but the economic disaster is also of concern. There may be a lack of
workers for some of these companies, but no lack of funds."

Bonnie Granat | http://www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com