Re: Grammar

Subject: Re: Grammar
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:52:56 -0400

How about "Click blah blah to display this screen."

shonn_scott -at- yahoo -dot- com wrote:

Hello,
I writing a user manual. I am trying to maintain active voice, but I'm
getting a little writer's block. Would someone tell me which is correct?

1. This screen is displayed when the blah blah link is clicked.
2. To display this screen, click the blah blah link.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com