Re: Font required to display Hindi characters

Subject: Re: Font required to display Hindi characters
From: Hiking Nut <carolinahikingnut -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:48:43 -0400

Hello Sarah,

I know little about translating from one language to another,
but I thought I'd do a quick Google search to see if I could find
something for you. Here's a few links I came up with. Hope this helps:

======================

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/lli/hindi-shusha.zip?download

Instructions from this website were:

1. Download the package hindi-shusha.zip
2. Use Winzip or some package to unzip the file. You will get
a file "SHUSHA.TTF".
3. Copy this file to c:\windows\fonts. Reboot.

=======================

http://www.sikhnet.com/s/SGGSInstructions

=========================

http://www.ncst.ernet.in/matra/hindi_display.shtml

Andy

> On 9/5/05, Sarah Davies <Sarah -dot- Davies -at- macrovision -dot- com> wrote:
> >

> > As well as writing all the documentation in this division, I'm
> > responsible for organising the translation of both user interface and
> > Help into several languages. For our next release we are including
> > Hindi... which presents me with a problem, as everything coming back
> > from the translators is appearing as gibberish. Doesn't matter what
> > program I use (HTML editor, Wordpad, Notepad, Word) - I can't get it to
> > display correctly.
> >
> > I'm using Windows XP Pro, and have enabled all the supplemental language
> > support (complex script, right-to-left, East Asian languages) via the
> > Control Panel. Arabic, Thai, Korean, Chinese and Japanese all appear
> > with no problems. Can anyone point me in the direction of a font which
> > will display Hindi characters, or any other process which will help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sarah

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com