Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: <archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 02:30:00 -0600

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...

* ANNOUNCE: To Power-Point Professionals: BETA-TESTERS NEEDED (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: Documentation & Training 2005 Conference (NEW)
* PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Volunteers needed--Wiki
"Katrina Missing Persons" database (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: Feature Article - Information Architecture of
Content Management
* TRAINING: FrameMaker Training -- Washington DC + SF Bay Area
* ANNOUNCE: New! WebWorks OnTime: On-Demand,
Custom ePublishing Service

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

ANNOUNCE: To Power-Point Professionals: BETA-TESTERS NEEDED

We are happy to announce that the beta version of our product Speech-Over
Studio?, a PowerPoint® Add-In that uses text-to-speech voices to generate
professional quality narrations for training, marketing and technical
presentations, is available for evaluation and testing.

Speech-Over Studio replaces human recording in PowerPoint presentations.

We are seeking PowerPoint professionals to test the beta version. You can
download the beta version from our site www.speechover.com. See also a
demo and more details there.

Thanks, Joel

Dr. Joel Harband
Tuval Software Industries, Ltd
joel -at- speechover -dot- com

09/07/05-09/13/05

ANNOUNCE: Documentation & Training 2005 Conference

** DON'T MISS OUT **
CHOOSE AS MANY SESSIONS AS YOU WANT
** ONLY 280 SEATS **

DATE: October 17-18, 2005 (6th annual)

LOCATION: Boston University Corporate Education Center (Tyngsboro,
Massachusetts)

PRICE: $699 (includes sessions, materials, breakfast, lunches, reception,
and great door prizes!)

DETAILS: http://www.doctrain.com
PDF: http://www.doctrain.com/pdf/doctrain2005.pdf

We've got more nationally recognized speakers and a greater variety of
session topics than ever before! The 32 conference sessions include talks
on:

* TOOLS such as Acrobat, AuthorIT, Captivate, Flare, FrameMaker, LiveLinx
ConteX, Microsoft Word, RoboHelp, WebWorks ePublisher Pro, and more!

* TECHNOLOGIES such as adaptive technologies, blogs, DITA, DocBook,
e-Learning, HTML-based Help, metadata, mobile devices, multimedia,
software simulations, taxonomies, wikis, XML, XSLT, and more!

* PROCESSES such as globalization, human factors, indexing, information
architecture, personas, persuasive writing, usability, and more!

** FREE RECEPTION **
WIN A HOME THEATER
** COMMAND THE S4 ROBOTS IN A MOCK OFFICE ENVIRONMENT **

09/06/05-09/12/95

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Volunteers needed--Wiki
"Katrina Missing Persons" database

Here is a place where you can make a difference in assisting hurricane
victims and their friends and families:

http://192.122.183.218/wiki/index.php/PeopleFinderVolunteer

They're culling "I'm looking for so and so" and "I'm still alive" notices
from all over, and putting them into a database so folks can find loved
ones.

They need people to help with data entry. Info is on that page.

Looking to make a difference? Check out one of these groups!

Seva Foundation http://www.seva.org
Grameen--Banking for the poor http://www.grameen-info.org/
Global Fund for Women http://www.globalfundforwomen.org/
Heifer Project http://www.heifer.org/
ENN Environmental Donations http://www.enn.com/donations/index.asp
Seeds of Change http://www.seedsofchange.com

09/06/05-09/12/05

ANNOUNCE: Feature Article - Information Architecture of
Content Management

This issue of The Rockley Bulletin, the monthly free web magazine from The
Rockley Group, we take a look at the information architecture of content
management.

http://www.rockleybulletin.com

IN THIS ISSUE:

FEATURE ARTICLE: Information Architecture of Content Management
A key factor in any successful content management implementation is a
solid information architecture. Far too often organizations implement
content management without first identifying the needs of their authors,
without looking closely at their content to determine how it could be most
effectively structured to support user/customer needs, and without
analyzing their current and desired content life cycles.

http://rockleybulletin.com/featurearticle2.php?id=122_0_2_0_C

TECHNOLOGY CORNER: Searching vs Finding: Why Systems Need Knowledge to
Find What You Really Want
If you're frustrated by fruitless searches that yield too many 'hits' to
be useful, you're not alone. Ever wonder how we got ourselves in such a
mess? A scientist at Sun Microsystems did, too!

http://rockleybulletin.com/technologycorner_comments.php?id=124_0_6_0_C

OF INTEREST: Content Personalization & Customization Summit Content
Management Professionals tackle the issues behind personalizing and
customizing content at their annual CM Pros Fall 2005 Summit.

http://rockleybulletin.com/test_comments.php?id=125_0_4_0_C

EVENTS, WORKSHOPS and TRAINING:
Content Management Workshop Series: Classes scheduled for Atlanta,
Seattle, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver and more! Seats still available!
http://www.rockley.com/workshops.htm

CONTACT US

The Rockley Group Inc.
445 Apple Creek Blvd., Suite 120,
Markham, ON L3R 9X7
Phone: 905-415-1885
Fax: 905-415-3413
moreinfo -at- rockley -dot- com
www.rockley.com

09/03/05-09/09/05

TRAINING: FrameMaker Training -- Washington DC + SF Bay Area
Instructor: Shlomo Perets, MicroType

WASHINGTON DC: [10% early registration discount ends Oct 10]
* Single Sourcing with FrameMaker, Oct 31
* FrameMaker Template Design, Nov 1-2
* FrameMaker-to-Acrobat Advanced Techniques, Nov 3-4
* Technical Indexing with FrameMaker, Nov 5
* Structured FrameMaker: Authoring, Nov 7
* Structured FrameMaker: Developing EDDs (hands-on), Nov 8-9

SF BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA: [10% early reg. discount ends Nov 8]
* Technical Indexing with FrameMaker, Nov 29
* Structured FrameMaker: Authoring (hands-on), Nov 30
* Structured FrameMaker: Developing EDDs (hands-on), Dec 1-2
* Single Sourcing with FrameMaker, Dec 3
* FrameMaker Template Design, Dec 5-6
* FrameMaker-to-Acrobat Advanced Techniques, Dec 7-8

Visit http://www.microtype.com/training.html for more information,
additional discount info & registration forms.

09/01/05-09/07/05

ANNOUNCE: New! WebWorks OnTime: On-Demand, Custom ePublishing
Service

For the first time, WebWorks Services is offering Quadralay
Corporation's content conversion expertise to work directly on
your project, to produce your online content directly from your
Word documents, FrameMaker books, or XML content. No training, no
tools, no learning curve, and you can have your documents converted
to virtually any format, customized to your specifications.*

With over 11 years of content conversion experience, we are able to
put on-demand ePublishing within reach of any organization, small
or large. Our Basic Plan for Word or FrameMaker starts at just $99
for up to 1000 pages!

Add localization to your OnTime order to make the most of your
on-demand ePublishing investment. WebWorks OnTime offers expert
translation of your content into one or multiple languages.**

For more information, visit www.webworks.com/ontime or contact an
OnTime Service Representative at 512.719.3399 ext.503
*Certain terms and conditions apply. See Web site for details.
**Translations provided by Adams Globalization.

11/02/04 - 12/30/05

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Lisa
(lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/postad.html.