Re: Fw: change in payroll status

Subject: Re: Fw: change in payroll status
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:55:52 -0700

If you are a 1099, you get paid whatever rate you negotiate in your
contract. If you can get the client to agree to pay you time and a
half or even more, you get it. I don't think this varies from state to
state, as the whole idea of being/using 1099 independent contractors
is that contractors are exempt from most labor laws.

Gene Kim-Eng