FW: Re: Ergonomic Mouse

Subject: FW: Re: Ergonomic Mouse
From: jopakent -at- comcast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:27:35 +0000

I tried the roller ball mouse off and on for several years because of an
inflamed tendon in my right index finger. Clicking OK countless times a day was
crippling me.

The ball helped until I took some time off and then came back to it; turns out I
developed a nasty habit of using the problem forefinger to manipulate the
ball.... ouch! I was just about ready for surgery, but went to a hand clinic
that recommended a different kind of pointing device. It looks like a joy stick,
but you slide the whole thing around (wouldn't do if your RSI is shoulder
related). What makes it such a perfect solution for me is that the "OK" click
is accomplished using a little rocker switch that sits on top of the stick. The
way it's positioned, you can only reach it with your thumb, so my little pointer
finger is in restfull bliss.

Here's the info in case this is of interest:
3M Erognomic Mouse, Model # EM500GPS

HTH,
--
J. Paul Kent