RE: RoboHelp HTML to FrontPage conversion questions

Subject: RE: RoboHelp HTML to FrontPage conversion questions
From: "Faith Weber - ESC" <faithw -at- esystem -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:06:30 -0700

> I'll ding MS as quickly as the other guy. However, IMHO, having used
> FP since the first version after they purchased it from "who I
> forget", each version has done better in leaving the code alone than
> its predecessor.
>
> Unfortunately, its rep has been established and everyone who doesn't
> use it claims that it does bad things to their code.

I'll admit, I've avoided FP for that very reason, but I've been
pleasantly surprised.

Reconciling RoboHelp's implementation of DHTML drop-downs with
FrontPage's, however, seems to be a can of worms - not that I would
expect either company to address that, since I doubt many people are
trying to do what I'm doing. And other than that, I think few (if any)
changes would be required.

It does make me appreciate how easy the drop-downs are to create in RH,
and how easy it is to control their appearance, however complex the
resulting code is. The functionality in FP seems very different (not
necessarily worse, just different), and so far, trying to create the
same results seems to require quite a bit more work.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com