Re: Information Mapping

Subject: Re: Information Mapping
From: Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:43:36 -0400

On 9/15/05, DanG <dangarza -at- houston -dot- rr -dot- com> wrote:

> I am looking at a set of responsibilities for a potential job opening, and
> would like to know what Information Mapping is.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22information+mapping%22

It's a system for presenting written information in digestible
'chunks.' The company that owns the intellectual property rights to
the system provides consulting, training, and related services. A
typical three-day class used to cost around $1500; for private classes
and consulting, I woluld rather imagine that the sky's the limit.

Some people swear by it, and the system and related processes have won
numerous awards.

Others think it's a bit of a racket. Count me in the latter group.

Corporate propaganda here: http://infomap.com

Fairly balanced quick-and-dirty summary here (PDF format):
www.namahn.com/resources/documents/note-IM.pdf

- bc

--
Barry Campbell <barry -dot- campbell -at- gmail -dot- com>
http://enrevanche.blogspot.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com