RE: Information Mapping

Subject: RE: Information Mapping
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mabr -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:05:05 +0200

> I am looking at a set of responsibilities for a potential job
> opening, and
> would like to know what Information Mapping is.
>
> Dan

Dan,

As Barry pointed out, it's a formalized approach to structure and
present information. I attended a 3-day class a few years ago, which was
a good experience.

In my view the method is way too formalized and does not work in real
life tech doc situations without making some changes. Ofcourse, if you
make those changes it is not called Information Mapping anymore, but who
cares...

Best regards,
Mats Broberg
Technical Documentation Manager