RE: book recommendation for technical writers....

Subject: RE: book recommendation for technical writers....
From: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:34:08 -0700

On 9/16/05, Hiking Nut <carolinahikingnut -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Hello, would anyone out there have one or two recommendations for
> technical writing books? I'm currently going through a TW certificate
> program and would like a good book that would explain "best practices"
> for technical writing.

[Joe Malin] I happen to get lots of information from "Xerox Publishing
Standards" by Xerox Corporation. It's out of print but readily available
in the used book market. Try Amazon, or Google it. This book has, among
other features, a *very* detailed description of Xerox's printed book
standards. They helped me come up with a good standard for my own
company.

Joe

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com