RE: Getting organized -- what's your method?

Subject: RE: Getting organized -- what's your method?
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:10:52 -0400

Tom Johnson asked...

> Most tech writers have multiple projects going on simultaneously, each
> with
> its own lists of tasks, deadlines, and other to-do items. I'm curious
what
> your methods are for staying organized and top of it all. Do you use a
> specific electronic organizing tool? Do you use a paper planner? Do
you
> use
> Outlook's task feature? Do you just naturally remember it all? Perhaps
you
> have some other clever method for remembering everything you have to
do
> for
> each project you're working on. Mind sharing your method with me?
>
> Tom

Personally I use a four-tool approach:

MS Project file - this tracks all current and past projects with tasks
and subtasks for each project (weekly updates provided to mgmt).

Franklin-Covey Planner - to track daily tasks related to current
projects, meeting notes, etc.

MS Outlook Calendar - to track meetings, off-site project-related
visits, etc.

Whiteboard - Updated weekly "prioritized" project list

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com