RoboHelp Condition build expressions will not die

Subject: RoboHelp Condition build expressions will not die
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:29:36 -0400

RoboHelp X5 on WinXP SP2, generating WebHelp.

I seem to have accumulated a bunch of useless condition build expressions,
and I don't know how to get rid of them. Following the directions in the RH
Help[less], yielded no result.

Trying to "Define" them as "Clear" (i.e., using the "Clear" button in the
Advanced dialog under Project > Single Source Layouts > <prodname> >
Conditional Build Expression > Define) has no effect. The expression
obligingly disappears when I click "Clear", but there's no way to save its
gone-ness. It comes back as soon as I exit the dialog.

I had hoped that there'd be a file I could edit directly, to destroy the
unwanted Condition expressions, but searching on the the condition text that
appears in the dialog (like "NOT LunaA", where LunaA is a tag I've applied
to some topics), using Windows' search facility yielded no hits. So, if
those expressions exist somewhere, they are encyrypted or in binary form.

By the way, I'm not JUST trying to clear undwanted expressions. I'm trying
to edit existing ones. The dialog has "AND", "OR", and "NOT" buttons, but
sometimes the "NOT" button is grayed out, and when I _can_ use it, it places
the operator "NOT" at the _end_ of the expression... never mind that I had
the cursor placed where I wanted the NOT to actually appear... it just
overrides.

I can edit the expression directly, typing ANDs and NOTs where I please, and
the altered expressions appear to be saved, but the logic doesn't appear to
work, when I generate output. So, I thought the first step might be to
clear out old, unwanted, possibly defective Condition expressions and get
back to a list that contains only "<none>". RH won't even let me do that.

I've been using RH for a couple of years, now, and have previously kept
source for several projects in one place, generating acceptable output with
the use of Condition tags and Condition expressions, so it's not like it's
never worked for me.

Oh, and I'm several days past an important deadline, and unable to get my
output... out for my current project. I tried the HATT list, but it's been
over an hour and my post has not been posted.

Googling yielded hundreds of pages (mostly from trainers) mentioning
creating the expressions, but no hits on removing the damn things.

Help?

Kevin

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com