Recommendations request: PDF to Word converter tools

Subject: Recommendations request: PDF to Word converter tools
From: <dave -at- smackdabdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 11:07:37 -0700

Hello,

My boss has just asked me to find a tool that would create an accurate conversion from PDF to Word (yes, in this case, it has to be Word, as the files will go to an outside source for manipulation). There are going to be lots of tables involved.

My boss has indicated that cost isn't as much a factor as retaining format (especially for the tables). In fact, he doesn't want to go with open source for this, because this is for a time-sensitive project and he says he doesn't have time to dedicate to an unsupported program.

Does anybody know anything about Able2Doc? Is this good, or do you recommend another tool? Any and all information is appreciated.

Thanks much,
dave.

--
E-mail powered by the Cheat!