Re: DBs and online forms

Subject: Re: DBs and online forms
From: Tim Sadler <chillyhat -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:59:18 +0100

Kelley

I think Adobe Document Server is what you're after. I've not heard
of any 3rd party tools which do the same thing, but from the Adobe
website (link above) the Document Server does the following:

* Flow XML data into richly formatted templates.
* Assemble and manipulate compound documents.
* Extract content from interactive Adobe PDF forms.
* Create customized, visually rich charts and graphics.

See: http://www.adobe.com/products/server/documentserver/main.html

Rgds
Tim

On 05/10/05, Kelley Greenman <writinglists -at- inkworkswell -dot- com> wrote:

> So, the next step is to see if anyone's created such an app, translating
> either raw data right into a predefined form or creating a database backend
> to do live processing of the input to the Acrobat PDF file.
>
> I figure someone has already got to be doing this. As far as this guy
> knows, though, he hasn't seen it in the mortgage lending biz.
>
> Anyone have any leads?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com