RE: Asking The Billing Rate?

Subject: RE: Asking The Billing Rate?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:54:33 -0700 (PDT)

Sharon:

Thanks for the very informative response! $25 per
hour in So Cal went down to about $15 per hour here in
Cleveland.

FYI:

I don't read alot of TW literature - other than a
couple of the classics like Hackos's books. Frankly,
alot of it is over my head. Example: If structured
writing is really all about analysis, then what is
structured analysis all about? However, I am a
prolific reader. I am currently reading a couple of
books on how to trade stock and index options. Before
that, a few books on hedge-fund strategies.

Tony

--- Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com> wrote:

> Tony, I know you love books...

....All that said, in early 2002, rates fell apart. In
So Cal, most contract jobs were advertised at ~$25 an
hour or less (we are usually the high end of the
scale and had previously been at about $50 an hour).
You can make more waiting tables. And there was almost
nothing available and many of us were overqualified
and unemployable for most of these gigs. The market is
back but it's not that strong on pay yet in the
contract work range.

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com