RE: The Bible in Tech Comm

Subject: RE: The Bible in Tech Comm
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:21:36 -0700 (PDT)

> In my college days I attended a course that has an official title:
> "Loopholes in the Bible" (Philosophy credit). I think that
> anything that has official studies of its "loopholes" would not
> be a model for ideal technical communication.

Haven't you ever done a gap analysis of a technical document? Does
doing one negate the fact that it is still a technical document?

My first year English teacher did several months examining the
phallic symbolism of works such as Moby Dick, Gone with the Wind
(don't ask), and several other literary classics. By the time she was
done, you'd have thought they were XXX screenplays. Does that make
them less "classic literature".

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than