Re: Asking The Billing Rate?

Subject: Re: Asking The Billing Rate?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 07:14:27 -0700 (PDT)

Lets face it, once a contractor is on-board, often, if
the employer subsequently discovers that the TW offers
more than the original job description asked for, the
temptation by that employer to "up" the
responsibilities - many times on the sly - is
enormous.

They may not advertise for project management skills,
but, once you are on board, if they then discover that
you may have such skills, many employers feel that
ignoring such skills is like ignoring a valuable free
gift.

Good luck to any TW who trys to instill justice in the
matter. My experience is that those who want
"freebies" are most often not open to justice.

AJ Markos

> Jason wrote:
>
> > What I didn't contract for (wasn't informed of),
> but what the customer was
> > also expecting, was project management, QA,
> programming, and network
> > design. In order for me to take a contract
> providing these (if they were
> > within my range of skills, which several are not),
> I would require a lot
> > more than $35/hour. This is what I meant when I
> talked about providing
> > $35/hour performance for $35/hour....

http://mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com