Multi-OS CD Burning Software

Subject: Multi-OS CD Burning Software
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 04:20:59 -0800

We have a need to burn a single CD that can be read
on multiple operating systems. Currently we use
a product that is from a company that is defunct,
HY-CD. The way the product is installed locks it into
that particular PC, and no other machine. There is no
support, no updates, so if we end up with a problem
with the PC or software, we could be trouble.

We currently produce a CD that is a compilation of
PDFs and software bits, and it can be read by PCs
and can be mounted in Unix.

We would like to find a newer product that can produce
an image to burn a CD for Unix, Windows, and Linux
that is aimed for low volume production of around
200 CDs per year.

Anyone out there know of such a product?

This is much different from the normal CD burning
capability of that drive you get from the factory
that is used to burn music CDs or DVDs. We've tried.

It's not the burning, it's the creation of the image
to be burned that's the challenge.

CB - who is taking over this process and isn't
tuned in to the niggy gritty details, yet, so
while I know this much, I'm sure there are other
pecularities involved

--
http://www.surfy.net for Free Email <br> http://www.ergova.com for Low Prices on Hotels, Books, and more.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com