Re: A PDA in every pocket?

Subject: Re: A PDA in every pocket?
From: Brian Gordon <elasticsoul2003 -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:53:36 -0400 (EDT)

--- TekEDIT / Judy Stitt <jstitt -at- tekedit -dot- com> wrote:

> And if I had left my pocket calendar on the airplane
> instead of my
> Psion one memorable night four years ago, I would
> have been very
> worried indeed that someone might be privy to LOTS
> of information
> about me ... but all that information was
> password-protected in my
> Psion.

My ex-wife had all her personal information stored in
an older PDA. She also had my information in there,
even though we had been divorced for awhile, because
why ever delete anything from a PDA? She was using a
fraction of the memory, and you never know when you
might need some of that information. Credit card
information, passwords, bank accounts, SSNs, etc.

Then, someone broke into her car and stole the PDA.

Then, she notified me that she'd gotten tired of
having to enter a password every time she wanted to
look up some information.

Then, we hoped the thief wasn't into identity theft,
or didn't sell the PDA or data to someone who was.

This is not a slag against PDA's; with a password,
they're obviously safer than a DayTimer. However, it
does get tedious constantly entering a password....

All the best,
Brian

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com