Re: Cubicle Noise Canceling (WAS: A PDA in every pocket?)

Subject: Re: Cubicle Noise Canceling (WAS: A PDA in every pocket?)
From: "W. Kelly Oja" <judbasiner -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:45:51 -0500

In my 2 1/2 years at my present employer, I was in an office (was a
storage room before and since I left is again), an actual office
office with a window and everything, then an open-air area before I
was blessed with cube walls, and I am now in an office with a window
again.

In each instance I have had to use headphones to cancel out the sound
of the customer service agents, people going to and from the printer
(my stand-alone cube days), and my current office which is next to the
operations room.

This is my third professional gig since getting out of college at the
ripe age of 30 and in each situation I was allowed to wear headphones.
As long as I keep the printer spitting out material I am in the clear.

I cannot imagine a situation wear headphones would not be allowed as
long as they are not disturbing other workers. As for the comment
about this guy or gal can't wear them so nobody can... I am not
touching that one with a ten-foot pole because I do not want to offend
anyone with my ranting on fairness and political correctness.

--
Kelly
"You're nobody until you get Grrr'd."

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com