"^p" equivalent in Notepad?

Subject: "^p" equivalent in Notepad?
From: Milan Davidovic <shl_ctf -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:21:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

In MS Word, I can Find paragraph returns by entering
"^p" in the "Find what" field (say, if I'd like to
replace them with spaces to turn my whole text into
one big paragraph).

In Notepad, this doesn't appear to work. Neither does
"^t" for tabs, but I'm at least able to select the tab
and paste it into the "Find what" field. But no such
luck with the paragraph returns...

Do I have to perform this task in Word, or is there a
way in Notepad? Various Google searches have yielded
me no results.

Many thanks.

--Milan

blog: http://altmilan.blogspot.com